ENJOY OUR FEATURED RECIPE BY CHEF LYNN
Roasted Rack of Lamb with Mint & Walnut Pesto
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 racks of lamb, cleaned
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested & juiced
- ½ cup good olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Sear the racks of lamb until golden brown, about 4 minutes then flip and sear the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Brush the Dijon mustard on the lamb and sprinkle herbs de Provence on top. Transfer the lamb into the oven and roast for about 12-14 minutes for medium rare. Let the lamb rest for 5 minutes.
- While the lamb is resting, make the mint & walnut pesto: combine the garlic, basil, mint, parmesan, walnuts, and lemon into a food processor and mix until combined, then stream in the olive oil and pulse until mixture is fully combined. Season with salt & pepper.
- Slice rack of lamb and serve with pesto sauce.